The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for building the Honest Tea brand through sales, merchandising, sampling, and retail support with the local distributor. The ideal candidate works hard, is a self-starter, and is looking to be a part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company that's making a difference. This position offers room for advancement.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Within the assigned market, execute sales by working with distributors, store resets, placement of glides and POS.
- Lead route rides, crew drives, and kick-offs.
- Work with distributors and sales reps to open new Honest Tea accounts, expand SKUs, obtain and track resets and identify sampling opportunities.
- Successfully work with all other divisions within Honest Tea including Natural/Specialty Food, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Human Resources.
- Manage merchandising programs in responsible region.
- Maintain discounts percentages (17% and under) and budget for the division while achieving case sales goals.
- Submit daily recaps outlining accounts, resets, and samplings between the company and the distributor.
- Assist Regional Sales Manager with bill backs and other duties performed by regional sales manager.
- Follow up weekly on current and potential accounts for sales, resets and demo opportunities.
- Perform as main contact for all sales reps at the distributor level.
- Attend weekly meetings to create strategies for each territory.
- Placement of coolers, hard point of sale and soft point of sale in accounts.
- Train new members of the team.
- Be a courteous and responsible driver at all times.
- 1 - 3 years experience in sales and management, preferably in the non-alcoholic beverage and/or consumer products industry.
- Ability to travel and work long, flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as required.
- Excellent driving record and insurance, required.
- Personal vehicle to use, if necessary.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (verbal/written) with the ability to interact effectively internally as well as with external contacts.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must excel in multi-tasking within a fast-paced organization.
- Work well both independently and as a team.
- Strategic and committed to success.
Honest Tea is an equal opportunity employer and offers benefits to full-time and part-time employees including, medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401(k) match and wellness programs. All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check including driving record, education, employment and criminal records.
Send all resumes to email@example.com
. No phone calls or third party recruiters please!