Honesty and the Friday Giveaway
How many of us grew us hearing this phrase:
"Honesty is the best policy."
True, right? We want honesty from our kids. We want honesty from our spouses. We want to trust what we are reading, hearing and CONSUMING. Sadly, there are so many companies that are "green-washing" or touting "healthy claims" that are not necessarily true. Honesty, oh how we mamas love honesty.
This is why I have a big crush on Honest Teas (so, so YUMMY for mamas! I love the black tea with lemon, and the white tea with peach...heavenly!) and their Honest Kids Thirst Quenchers. For those of us trying to figure out how to lower the amount of sugar our kiddos are consuming, Honest Kids is our answer.
Here is why I love them:
1. they are certified organic yumminess in the following flavors: Berry Berry Good Lemonade, Goodness Grapeness and Tropical Tango Punch
2. they have half the sugar of most kids drinks (and have NO high fructose corn syrup)
3. they come in pouches that are the perfect sizes for lunch boxes, and are made from recycled plastic
4. they can be found at Whole Foods, Target, Sam's Club (Sam Club offers an exclusive 24 count variety pack!!), and Babies R Us
5. here is one of the best things - Honest Teas doesn't just TALK about being an eco-friendly company, they are actually working hard to minimize -their impact on the earth. Honest Teas and Honest Kids have partnered with TerraCycle to convert used drink pouches into school supplies (see the -pencil pouch in the above photo...cool, huh!). They are also continually trying to work on their packaging in order to minimize waste. For example, that exclusive pack that you can get at Sam's Club has outer packaging that is reduced by 41 percent compared to other wholesale -bundles, holds the pouches in ONE box (versus three separate ones for each flavor), eliminated plastic shrink wrap, and the box and plastic handles are made with post-consumer waste. Good stuff in the world of packaging!
If you have not given this tasty beverage a try, please do! It is a product you will enjoy AND feel good about buying because it represents a company that has a lot of integrity. And, next time you need a treat, grab one of the Honest Teas for a treat that does not have any guilt attached. They are just lightly sweetened, but still so, so good.
And, here is the other reason why we love Honest Tea and their fabulous beverages! They want to give one lucky mama her very own carton of Honest Kids drink pouches, a sampling of the Honest Teas (8 of 'em), and one of the super fabulous recycled pouches (use it as a make-up bag on the go, or let your kiddos stake their claim on it as a pencil pouch)! Feel the love, Mamas!
To enter this contest, we are going to ask you to do the following:
1. leave us a comment telling us your favorite drink from childhood
2. and put a little link love on your blog about the Honest Teas contest, would ya? This is definitely a product we want more mamas to hear about.