Every day you are faced with new challenges and hurdles that at times seem insurmountable. From day 1 people said an organic bottled tea line that tastes less sweet than the competition would never make it—yet we believed in our mission and what thirsty communities told us. So we took a leap of faith and started brewing real tea. Here are 5 guiding principles from our TeaEO in building a mission-driven business:
- Don’t aim for 10% improvement. Make it radically better and different.
- Prepare to be copied. Don’t start unless you’ll survive imitation.
- Figure out how to achieve your goals on a tiny budget—then cut that number in half.
- Take care of your family, personal, and spiritual health—if you aren’t laughing or smiling on a regular basis, recalibrate.
- It’s a marathon. Not a sprint.
So what life or business lessons have you taken to heart? Feel free to share them with us in the comments section below. P.S. the journey is still going at HONEST Tea. Visitors to our Headquarters are greeted by our company quote: “Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it.”