If you love pomegranate, this is your month to celebrate—it’s National Pomegranate Month! There’s much to love about this fun fruit, from it’s quirky look to exotic flavor. If you’re not completely up-to-date on your pomegranate facts, these seeds of knowledge will bring you to ultimate fan status:
– Babylonians chewed pomegranate seeds before battle, believing it would make them invincible.
– Pomegranate rinds were used by the ancient Romans as a form of leather.
– Pomegranates are native to Iran and Himalayan region.
– Each pomegranate contains around 600 edible seeds.
– Pomegranates last only a few days at room temperature, but when refrigerated, they can last up to 2-4 months.
And to celebrate your new-found pomegranate knowledge, here’s a tasty treat: Pom Pom Popsicles! A creamy mix of pomegranate yogurt, Pomegranate Red Tea, and pomegranate seeds, these popsicles are the perfect way to cheer on your favorite exotic fruit this month!
Pom Pom Popsicles
Yield: 4 popsicles
6 ounces pomegranate Greek yogurt
⅓ cup Pomegranate Red Tea
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
Whisk together Greek yogurt and Pomegranate Red Tea in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Add in vanilla and pomegranate seeds. Divide mixture between popsicle molds and freeze 4 hours, or until solid. Remove from popsicles from the mold and let the celebrations begin.