As a kid, did you ever daydream about the choices you’d make as an adult? You couldn’t wait until you could stay up as late as you want or eat ice cream for breakfast. Almost certainly, your day dreams neglected a few important details of adulthood—jobs, taxes, and the importance of sleep. But that doesn’t mean all hope is lost!
This Chocolate Raspberry smoothie was inspired by finding a balance between luxurious indulgence and fresh fruit. It blends tart raspberries with robust cocoa powder, Honest Tea Organic Raspberry Tea, and vanilla extract for an anytime treat. In fact, tempting the kids with this nearly-dessert smoothie might just be enough to label you a “cool parent.”
- 1 cup fresh (organic if possible) raspberries (frozen works too)
- 1/2 cup Honest Tea Raspberry Tea
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (frozen works too)
- 2 tablespoons good cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 date, pitted
- 1-2 handfuls of ice (amount will vary depending on whether you use fresh or frozen fruit)
- Optional: Fresh raspberries for garnish
Blend all ingredients together until smooth and serve immediately. If desired, garnish with extra raspberries.